Sunset Policies & Regulations
We are committed to excellence. We provide privately owned short-term oceanfront and ocean view rental homes in Manzanita, Neah-Kah-Nie, Rockaway Beach and Twin Rocks, Oregon.
ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. RENTERS MUST BE 25 OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF STAY RESERVATION POLICIES:
• All Reservations require half down at time of booking. We accept credit cards, checks or money orders.
• Full Balance is due 60 days prior to arrival date.
- If paying by credit card, it will automatically be charged. Make checks payable to Sunset Vacation Rentals.
• 60 day cancellation notice is required to obtain refund of payment, minus a $100 Cancellation Fee.
- If canceling within sixty days, we must be able to rebook your time to obtain your payment refund, minus the $100 Cancellation Fee. If the house does not rebook your full payment will be forfeited.
• There are no refunds for shortened stays.
• TRAVEL/VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE-CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation for an additional 6.95% of your total cost. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable
circumstances (weather/travel conditions, family illness, work/school schedules etc.) that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If not purchased, you
acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your policy carefully and contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 with coverage
• Vacation Rental Insurance is refundable within 10 days of purchase.
• Vacation Rental Insurance must be purchased before your final payment is made or within 24 hours of
booking, if your stay is within 60 days.
• Damage Waivers vary by size of home for all reservations - covers up to $1500.00 in unintentional damages. Any damages that exceed $1500.00 will be the renter's responsibility. The damage waiver does not cover dog owner negligence-fleas in the house, dog
urine on upholstery, beds, bedding or carpets, or dog hair embedded in bedding or upholstery. Dog owners are personally liable for these conditions. If any intentional damages, missing inventory, excessive cleaning or garbage is found upon check out, you will
be contacted and charged accordingly. Damage waiver will not cover unintentional damages if they are not reported to the office. The Damage waiver does not cover any additional carpet cleaning after your stay. You are fully responsible for
any extra cleaning fees.
• All homes have cleaning fees, (they vary with the size of the house), 11% tax, and a 3% processing fee on the grand total. There is an additional pet and/or hot tub fee, if applicable to house.
• CHECK-IN: 4:00PM / CHECK-OUT: 11:00AM - In the off season (September-June) we offer an earlier check-in (12:00PM) or a later check-out (4:00PM) for 1/2 nights rent (not for JULY or AUGUST). You can arrange
this with the office. If you are found in the home later than the scheduled departure time, you will be charged an additional fee of 1/2 nights rent. This is strictly enforced.
• The occupancy set for the rental home will not be exceeded. If exceeded, you will be subject to immediate eviction and forfeit your money. If not evicted, you shall pay a $200.00 per person, per night assessment.
• No loud music or noise between the hours of 10:00PM-10:00AM.
• Car limits vary by property, sometimes determined by terrain. Boats may/may not be accommodated. Please ask before coming.
• Absolutely no RV's, trailers, campers or tents are allowed on any rental property.
• There is a strict NO CAT policy in all Sunset Vacation Rental homes.
• Ensure all garbage can lids firmly are in place—double or triple bag crab shells and other seafood leftovers.
• All homes are strict NON SMOKING. Smokers are allowed to smoke outside, please ensure all windows and doors are closed and all butts are dispose of properly.
• Strip all dirty sheets/towels (notify office if blankets and mattress covers need to be washed) and start the washer and dryer with a load of sheets. Please do not remake beds or put linens away.
• Wash all dishes or start the dishwasher.
• NO parties are allowed in Sunset properties without specific approval from Sunset staff BEFORE arrival. Should a group misrepresent themselves, you will be asked to leave immediately and forfeit your payments. Violations are subject to a fine. We cater primarily
to family groups. No weddings, receptions, fraternities, sororities, bachelor(ette) parties or un-chaperoned persons will be allowed.
• Sunset Vacation Rentals is not responsible for items left, lost or missing.
• Guests will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the homeowner and Sunset from and against any claim, loss, expense or damage to any person or property in or on the property arising from your use or occupancy of this vacation rental home.
• Lost or Missing keys: $10 fee (per key) will be charged at check out.
• Returned check fee: $50.
Mechanical breakdowns occur, occasionally appliances go on the fritz. Due to our rural location, there are no guarantees. Sunset does everything possible to repair or replace any mechanical breakdowns
in a timely manner. There are no discounts or refunds for mechanical breakdowns.
HOT TUB BREAKDOWNS ARE OUT OF OUR CONTROL AND UNFORTUNATELY WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ANY HOT TUB. We make every effort to ensure hot tubs are functioning, however sometimes this is out of our control. Should
your hot tub not be functioning upon your arrival or during your stay, your hot tub fee will be refunded and there will be no additional discounts. This is an amenity and is not reflected in the nightly rates. An additional $35.00 will be charged to you if
the Hot Tub is left excessively dirty, sandy, or murky. If the Hot Tub cover or lift is damaged, you will be charged $500.00 to replace it. The above charges are in addition to the Damage Waiver or initial Hot Tub Fee.
DOG POLICY: $15 per dog per night
ALL DOGS MUST BE FLEA TREATED IN ORDER TO RESIDE IN /OR ON THE PROPERTIES OF ANY DOG FRIENDLY, SUNSET HOME.
• I agree that any dog on the property will be pre-registered with Sunset . Renters are subject to a $500.00 fine for any unregistered dog(s) on the property. Call the office to see if any additional dogs may be registered to stay.
• I agree to clean up all waste after my dog on the property, on the beach and in town. I have my own waste sacks.
• I agree to wipe my dog’s coat and feet when they are wet, dirty, or sandy before entering into the home. I have my provided own towels for this.
• I agree to bring my dog with me when I’m away from the house or leave my dog kenneled inside the house.
• I will walk my dog on a leash and not just open the door and let the dog out to run.
• Even if the home we rent has a fenced yard, I will not leave my dog in the yard or on an enclosed deck when we are away from the home or during the night.
WE MUST HAVE A SIGNED COPY OF THE RENTAL CONTRACT AND FULL PAYMENT BEFORE YOU WILL RECEIVE THE DIRECTIONS TO THIS HOME.
• I have read the letter from Sunset confirming our reservation.
• I assure that I am at least 25 years of age.
• I assure that all guests under 25 years of age are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• I have read these policies and regulations.
• If any policies are violated, I understand that my entire group will be asked to leave and I will forfeit all my payments.
• I understand that any violation may be subject to a $500 fine.
• I accept these policies and regulations whether defined by the homeowner, the rental agency, by city or county ordinance, or by state law.
5-7 night minimum during July and August
4 night minimum during Thanksgiving
3 night minimum during Spring Break, Memorial Weekend, June/September, Labor Day, Christmas and New Years
2 night minimum during off season